Chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a twenty-something always second-guessing herself.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

New

Lately, I have been focusing on trying to breathe new life into my ragamuffin soul.
I have been burning the candle at both ends though, so to speak, because I have been working on the present and on progressing forward with my life, AND on trying to clean up the mess Michael and I have been making over the past few years.

I have been making pretty big strides in the cleaning up process and anticipate being done with it once and for all, some time within the next 2 months.

As for the other stuff, I have been trying to get out every so often to see friends and make new ones. I joined a kickball team with my friend, Lesli, and have officially started exercising a little bit every day (weekdays, not weekends!), and have been eating better/feeding my family better food.

Unfortunately, between a few big projects, socializing, and mothering, pretty much every waking moment of mine is already well-spent, leaving no room for my writing the sample of fiction that I need to submit as part of my application to FIU.
::sigh:: I figure, once I hit a stride with my daily routine, I'll squeeze time in for that, too, but for now, I'm still trying to incorporate the new aspects of my life that I'd like to solidify.

Let's see...I will finally be purchasing health insurance; that's definitely something I've been excited about.

Lastly, I have been looking at graduate schools in the Northeast..it's just a dream. Who would look after Alyssa if I moved that far away from my family. They are always available at a moment's notice to look after Alyssa if Michael and I need that favor. And if and when I actually do this graduate school thing, I'll definitely be calling in some favors so that I can get some homework done.

Tomorrow, Mike, my brother, and I are going to a "cops and robbers" party. Cliche, I know, but I'll be glad to just get out for a bit with some friends to dance and converse with. I wanted to be Bonnie and Clyde with Michael, but now I'm not sure if he's going. I was wishing someone would go as Magnum P.I. I really freaking love Magnum. He's a PI, not a cop, but close enough?

Finally, I have to report that I have so many new picture to post, but can't do so yet because I have lost my camera cord...again. I'm usually pretty on top of my stuff, but my phone and camera cord are always forgotten. Ugh.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Followers