Chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a twenty-something always second-guessing herself.

Friday, June 25, 2010

"...because you're never going to make it as a singer."

Elvis. I need to add some Elvis to my record collection. I use the word "collection" very loosely because I only recently purchased a record player and as such, have only made one trip to one record store. Maybe some Elvis, some Madonna, and some Sufjan to start off with...

You know, until recently, I had no idea that Elvis was actually told on more than one occasion that he couldn't sing, wouldn't make it as a singer. I'm glad he stuck with it.
I'm glad I'll stick with writing. It's what I want to do, and it's what I'm going to do.
Thank you Elvis, Michael Jordan, Dr. Seuss, Barbara Streisand...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Followers