Chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a twenty-something always second-guessing herself.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The newest one

This weekend will bring:

The talk I've been dreading...
The night out I've been wanting...
Time with my Alyssa at the beach and the park.

We took her to Flamingo Gardens last weekend and she was just as excited as the first time we took her there last month. The peacocks running around really do it for her, I think. And since this place has a "Coastal Birds" exhibit with pelicans, seagulls, ducks, and other usually non-aggressive birds, we are free to walk among them which also excites her, I think. I'm always on the lookout for bird poop though...one of these times I know there's going to be a near-hit somewhere on me.

My brother, Marjorie, and I took Canela (Marjorie's dog), Cameron, and Alyssa to the beach today. It was a private beach area by a bay where some of the other residents were scouting out the area for lobsters because apparently lobster-hunting season begins tomorrow. I just can't get into boiling something alive, so I stay away from lobster. Except to show them to Alyssa at the supermarket because she flips out to see them. It's a stop we MUST make when we go shopping.
She loves animals. LOVES them. She's going to be a lifelong animal-lover, I think.

Must run- must groom myself and eat lunch while I can. Cameron and Alyssa are both asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Followers