Chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a twenty-something always second-guessing herself.

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 2010

July 4th this year was surprisingly uneventful! We did however, take Alyssa to Miami Metro Zoo for $5 admission day...where she was pretty unimpressed. I've seen her more interested in the mice at PetSupermarket. I think there was too much going on for her. Throngs of people; and I mean throngs of people. It was more densely packed than any time I've ever been to Disney. There was just so much going on there...
We skipped out soon after arriving, to regrettably, eat at a Friday's. Still, this was a better option than the hour long line we would have waited in, for a hot dog at the zoo...their "Oasis Grille" was a small area filled with concession stands selling cheap and greasy food. Miami Metro Zoo was not a pleasurable visit this time!! But I still donated five bucks because I'm glad they're around...

Alyssa, Michael, and I caught up with Kayla and Dylan to watch the fireworks from the comfort of our apartment courtyard-- we had a great view of the display they were putting on at the beach. And while she was afraid of the noise at first, once Alyssa saw the twins, she was happy and asking for more fireworks. I love her. :) And Kayla and Dylan are incredibly sweet kids.

Mike and I bought a fish tank today and we've left it priming overnight. Tomorrow, we will go back and buy our new pet fish!

In other news, we have opted to apply Michael's soon-to-be enacted raise, to health and dental insurance as well as Aly's MyGym membership, instead of the previously-planned car with air conditioning and a stereo. No air in our car in South Florida. It's the story of my life. I had the same issue with the car I had when I was pregnant and so on and so on. Could be worse though.
At least i have a car. I feel bad for those guys waiting at the bus stop, with children no less. Thankfully, Mike's stepdad is going to come down to help us fix it and God-willing, the fix will stick.

Let's see...that's it. Oh, and I'm a lot closer to finally finishing up my requirements to apply to grad school. I am so close to finishing the application that I can taste it...but then it's out of my hands. My crappy GPA will not do me any favors in their selection process. Damn my Freshman year bender/meltdown! I am sick of talking about maybe possibly hopefully going to grad school. I just want to do it, damnit!!

Okay, I'm out.


Oh, and my cousin and her kids are here, as is Heather. Heather!!! Can you believe it? Heather is back fro China for a little bit! But then, my dear friend will be heading back.

Oh, and my pulled quads are healing. I am able to bend down and left myself back up again without pain.

Okay, going to get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Followers