Chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a twenty-something always second-guessing herself.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Transparent

Call me what you will, but I have created and filled in a Dream Book.
Not REM-sleep dreaming; I'm talking about immediate and long-term things that I dream of actually happening. It ranges from reasonably obtainable (i.e. purchase health insurance), to the highly unlikely (i.e. become a frequently published and widely-read author of fiction), and some things in between.

I have started working on the first two this week; and I will continue to work on them, one by one!

I am still sick, but I'm getting back on my feet. This upper respiratory infection kicked my ass. I have three more days of Cipro, and I think Alyssa and I have caught something else. Probably because neither of us have been sleeping much. I won't get into that...
Anyways, being sick has made me skip the gym and find eating two dinners everyday to be all too necessary; thus, my pants don't fit me anymore. No joke. I've gone up a dress size in the past two weeks! WTF?! I still have another fours days of double dinners and no exercise. And in the meantime, I have to wear gym shorts and dresses.

Due to having lost my license, I could not register for classes at Broward College until the classes I needed were full.

Soooo I decided to go to PBCC-- but I needed a transcript mailed to me because I have never attended that institution...and that took time. When the transcript arrived, I could not sign up because we were broke.

By the time Mike received his next paycheck, all of the PBCC classes I needed were full. Damnit! And so that goal will have to wait, but the tuition money and the transcript have been set aside. They are ready and waiting for the next semester, although I am going to pay a visit to BC to see if I can possibly nab a seat that gets dropped by someone. That would rock.

I had been hemming and hawing about going back to work because I was hoping to start school in January, but the plan I have worked out for accomplishing said dreams, has pushed that back another year; meaning, I will actually put effort into finding employment. Perhaps this time in 2011, I will be happily checking off my grad school dream. One can only hope... I think it's kind of funny that I so desperately want a degree that will earn me nothing unless with a lot of luck, I make something of my writing. Who knows? Maybe I will. :) And if not, at least I will have my student-loan debt to keep me warm. Ha. I love school. I really really do.

Lastly, I should mention that tomorrow is Friday and that I am super-stoked about the weekend, since the last two I was just managing to drag mysget self about town. This time, I get to enjoy my time with my family! I love my little girl! My amazing little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Followers